One of those taggy things.
I was tagged by fieldnotesfromabroad:
1) Always post rules
2) Answer the Qs the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
3) Tag 11 and link them to this post
4) Tell them that you tagged ‘em
I was asked:
1. What is your “guilty pleasure?”
First, last, and always: fanfic.
2. What is, and how is, your favorite dish prepared?
What is this? Sophie’s Choice? I dunno. Maybe gnocchi. One, one, and one: mashed potatoes (always left over), an egg, flour. And dear god, decent gravy. If it’s in a jar, I’m already out of your house, in my car, and headed home.
3. What countries have you traveled?
I have literally never left North America. I’ve been a couple of places in Canada and to Tijuana. ::loser horn::
4. Beach, mountains, or flatland? Or “other?” (define “other”)
5. What’s the last book you read?
OMG. You do know I’m a book reviewer, right? I honestly have no idea. I’m always focused on the one I’m reading now because I read so many. The last book I read sheerly for pleasure was READY PLAYER ONE.
6. What’s your FAVORITE BOOK EVER?
Again with the Sophie’s Choice. I can’t pick a favorite book. Can’t do it. I’m totally obsessed with THE NIGHT CIRCUS, though. I want to live in it. But Madeleine L’Engle’s A RING OF ENDLESS LIGHT and THE YOUNG UNICORNS are lifelong faves (seriously, most of her books are). And a whole lot of others. Just… yeah, check out my Goodreads, probably.
7. Best song to slow dance to?
I don’t have one anymore. Whatever turns you or your partner on, I’d say.
8. Tell me about your scariest/most disastrous childhood moment.
OMG, there are SO MANY. Too many to count. I fell through a wood pool deck. I had an allergic reaction to medication that made my whole face swell up like there was a grapefruit under my skin and the police thought I was being abused. I had so many UTIs I’d fairly regularly wet my pants in class and had to have a kidney scan. I got into a fight when a kid who was serious trouble (I mean, really.. he taught me the word “fuck” in Boy Scout sign language when I was in 2nd grade) called my friend a “dwarf” and he cut my head with the zipper on his jacket when he swung it at me and I bled all over the place like a stuck pig.
In other words, I was pretty much a disaster as a child in general.
9. Do you speak another language (if yes, which)? If not, which would you like to learn?
Not really. My Polish was once pretty decent and my Spanish was conversational, but it all fades when you don’t get a chance to use it. I dream in Polish a lot, though.
10. Can you drive a manual transmission?
Ha. Actually, yes. I once dated someone who was infamous for drinking and driving, and I got a friend to teach me so I could always drive home, as that person had a stick. Still can’t come out of a dead stop on a hill without stalling, though.
11. #10 was re: vehicles, ya perv. Hahahaha. No but really, do you take care of yourself? Oil the bearings, grease the gears, etc? Self-care is important.
Now… my 11 questions for YOU. Yes, you. I’m not actually tagging people because if you AREN’T someone who likes doing these, I don’t want you to feel like you’re breaking a chain or watching the videotape in THE RING or whatever. And if you DO like to do this, and I didn’t tag you, I’d want you to do it anyway and have fun, so yes, I do mean YOU.
1. What is your very first childhood memory?
2. What was the first album you ever bought with your own money?
3. What did you always think you’d have done by now in your life that you haven’t yet?
4. Socks to bed: Yes or No?
5. What one thing from your childhood are you unable to throw away?
6. What is your favorite TV show that was canceled way too early — at least in your estimation?
7. What is the one thing that seems antithetical to your political beliefs that you just can’t seem to come around on?
8. Tell me the one show that sums up your childhood.
9. Team Jennifer or Team Angelina? And why?
10. What’s the most embarrassing song I’d find on your music-playing device if I picked it up right now?
11. What’s your typical coffee order?